How the Burns' argue...
The text below is very tongue in cheek, by no means take it too seriously!... but for once I have decided to give the readers a little insight how a typical Burns argument starts.
It usually goes like this:
- Whatcha wanna watch tonight, Darling?
- Oh I dunno, what do you fancy?
- I'm easy... you choose
- No, it's better you choose, I usually make the wrong choice
*A long conversation follows about choices, finally a movie suggestion pops up*
- So, what about The Sting?
- Sure, sounds good!
- Or have we watched that too recently?
- We haven't watched it that long ago, but that's no problem, The Sting sounds great!
- Well, if you have another suggestion...
- Well, I was thinking...
- How about...
- Perhaps you'd like to watch Coming to America?
- WHATTT? That's a cr** movie! I don't want to watch that!
- But you haven't watched it have you? So how do you know it's cr**?
- It is!
- It's actually a nice movie you know, perhaps you'd like to try it.
- I don't want to watch Coming to America!
- Sure, okay, fine, fair enough, The Sting it is then.
- Where's all this Coming of America suddenly come from anyway?
- Well, since you liked the Eddy Murphy movie we watched the other day so much, I just realized that this one is very similar, that's why it popped up in my mind. I thought you had never watched it.
- I have! It's got all these kings and queens and princes! And I don't like it!
- Well, really there is more to it than just that, but that's okay, we already decided on The Sting.
- It's a stupid movie!
- YE-heees!!! You said so, several times, and now that I know you have actually watched it, I believe you. End of discussion, The Sting it is.
- But you want to watch Coming to America!
- Darling, I'm fine either way, and The Sting is a great movie too.
- But why did you suggest Coming to America then?
- It was just an idea, and I didn't know you'd be so vehemently against it, did I? But now I know, and The Sting it is.
- No, you want to watch Coming to America, I see it in your eyes. FINE! I know what to do. You go and watch Coming to America by yourself, and I will be in the basement working.
- Sweetheart, don't be silly! I SAID we'd watch The Sting!
- NO, you said Coming to America!
- Gah! Why are you always being so difficult?
- I'm not ALWAYS difficult! You always choose different from me!
- I don't ALWAYS choose different, I just...
- LOOK! I DON'T NEED THIS ARGUMENT! DO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO!
- Don't be ridiculous! WE HAVE NO ARGUMENT! WE'LL WATCH THE STING!!!
- No, I'm finished arguing. Know what? We'll watch NOTHING, how's that?
*Both stomp off. Five minutes later:*